Where to start in a new look at my faith?
1. 'The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.' Proverbs 9:10
How to apply this?
2. 'When Daniel knew that the writing was signed [forbidding prayer to anyone besides the king], he went into his house ... and he kneeled on his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did before.' Daniel 6:10
--three times, not just once, everyday, as practice
--nothing radical in this - it was his custom
--God before men, or before self for that matter
Where do I begin in my prayer and my study? When in doubt, it's best to go back to basics!
3. '...to proclaim Your loving kindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night...' Psalm 92:2
--What thing is better or finer than to learn about my God and read His Word?
--Psalms teaches prayer & praise,
--Gospels give me an example & faith,
--That's a place to start...
And here is the key:
4. 'But God, being rich in mercy...even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)...' Ephesians 2:4-5
--As God never tires of forgiving us, so Chrisitians should never tire of daily praising Him for Salvation through Jesus!
Yet my daily focus wavered for me before...
5. 'Why do you spend money for that which is not bread? and your labor for that which doesn't satisfy?' Isaiah 55:2
6. '...don't be anxious, saying,'What will we eat?','What will we drink?' or, 'With what will we be clothed?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first God's Kingdom, and his righteousness; and all these things will be given to you as well.' Matthew 6:31-33
--turn away from vanity in order to
--trust in God and not ephemeral things
--hope in his Promise for a future
In return for this, I feel an abundance of thankfulness; and from a thankful heart grows a desire to serve better and to act as is appropriate of a representative
8. 'Therefore, receiving a Kingdom that can't be shaken, let us have grace, through which we serve God acceptably, with reverence and awe...' Hebrews 12:28
--ongoing walk with God (Micah 6:8) and loving it! :)