1. Since I don't have any particular hopes for marriage, I've been praying that I might be useful to others as a source of support, encouragement, and service kind of like Paul was free to be used in so many places and ways (1 Corinthians 7). I think ham radio and Braille volunteer efforts will play a part in this. Also, there's opportunities for random acts of love where I don't expect them. This morning I happened to find a seat next to a stranger and we ended up having a very nice chat! It started when she asked me a question about the metro schedule, since the document design was not very good (the table didn't have labels!). It was her first time on the metro and she was going to start work that day. That's a lot of firsts all at one time! I gave her some info on the metro and then we had a nice friendly chat about this and that. It was a blessing for me to run into such a nice person and I hope she was equally blessed to get some help with metro early in the morning. It's such a joy to be helpful!
2. There have been people protesting outside one of the buildings on the way to work every morning. One morning, there were two people standing there, straight and still. They were stoic in their poise and attitude. I respected that. This morning, there were two people standing there, but shifting about...and listening to music?! Come now, if you want to protest, sacrifice your entire mind and soul to it. Listening to music all morning sounds more like leisure time to me than serious protesting work. At least, that is how I felt. Maybe I am too demanding.
3. Tonight I actually fixed a number of things with our program for the part-time job. Huzzah! It feels so good to actually accomplish something and see the results. The work isn't so painful when something good comes out of it.
4. I am up to 10 wpm in my code study. It feels so much faster than 5 wpm!
5. Next weekend I am planning to get together with the son of a friend of my grandmother's for food in DC. I have met and played cards with my grandmother's friend, but I haven't met her son yet. Well, I have talked to him by electronic means and telephone, but I have yet to meet him in person. He seems to know the best eating places, so it should be fun! I am always happy to try new food! I have yet to arrange it, though. I am writing it here so I don't forget to call him.
6. I got three Subway cookies with dinner. I ate two. I am eying the third... Actually, I would rather eat the other half of the sub, but...that is my lunch for tomorrow? I could always go to the deli tomorrow morning and pick up something, though. I still have a few hours of work tonight and will need some sustainable energy. Cookies offer instant energy, but it doesn't last. Decisions, decisions...
7. I could have watched Jaws tonight at the AFI. Work, know how much I sacrifice for you! I am behind in code practice, sleep, and I missed seeing Broody, Hooper, and Quint on the big screen. Someday, someday... That movie is just way too much fun :D
All sing: Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I wanna go to bed! :p