1. Eat what is good! (Isaiah 55)
2. Messiah did not come to hand out food so the people could quit their jobs and live an easy life. The people want bread, but God gives Himself to them. Verse 51: "the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world." Is this not far better?
3. What does Jesus mean by "labor"? Verse 29: "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent." Romans 4:5 "But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness..." Fundamentally, life springs from faith (Habakkuk 2) and once alive, faith produces the fruit of repentance. But, at the most basic level, do I believe that Jesus is alive? Do I believe that He rose from the dead? John 6:68-69 "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Praise the Lord!
4. "let your soul delight itself in abundance" (Isaiah 55)
5. "the sure mercies of David" (Isaiah 55) - what does this mean? God raised Jesus from the dead (Acts 13:30, 34)
6. What do I want? What do I hunger for?